If you are looking for the latest news on UEFA Europa League results and 21/22 fixtures, this is the blog post for you. From fixtures to recent events and development, we have it all covered here. Whether you are a newly found fan of football or an avid follower, this article will answer all your queries about the European Football Championship.
Currently, the competition is pulling in on its 51st season and 13th since its rebranding from UEFA Cup to UEFA Europa League. Fans are lined up for a thrilling season spreading over from 5th August 2021 to 18th May 2022. Like the previous editions, the eventual winners will compete in the UEFA Super Cup final with this season’s UEFA Champions League winners. Furthermore, they will earn an automatic spot in the 2022/203 UEFA Champions League group stage.
Europa League changes
The governing body has seen it fit to introduce the UEFA Europa Conference League, which has seen significant changes to the UEFA Europa League. The group stage will be cut down to 32 teams up from 48 to be fitted in eight groups comprising four teams in the new league. Eventually, the winners in every group will advance automatically to the round of 16.
Notably, the competition will have an additional knockout round of play. This round of play will be held between the eight UEFA Europa League qualifiers group stage runners up and the eight third-ranked teams from the UEFA Champions League Group stage.
On the other hand, matches will still be played on Thursdays, except the final game, and they will be played alongside the newly introduced UEFA Conference League matches. Also, these two competitions will be played in an equal split time within UEFA’s new time slot, 18:45 CET, revised from 18:55 CET and 21:00 CET.
The Group Stage Teams
Below is the official and confirmed teams seeded and placed between Groups A-H
- Group A: Lyon, Rangers, Sparta Praha and Brondby
- Group B: Monaco, PSV, Real Sociedad and Sturm Graz
- Group C: Napoli, Leicester City, Spartak Moscow, and Legia Warszawa
- Group D: Eintracht Frankfurt, Fenerbahce, Olympiacos and Royal Antwerp
- Group E: Galatasaray, Lazio, Lokomotiv Moscow, and Marseille
- Group F: Braga, Crvena Zvezda, Ludogrets and Midtylland
- Group G: Bayern Leverkusen, Celtic, Ferencvaros and Real Betis
- Group H: Dinamo Zagreb, Genk, Rapid Wien and West Ham
Fixture, Matchdays and Draws Schedule
Below are the official 2021/2022 UEFA Europa League fixtures.
- 16th September: Group stages Matchday 1
- 30th September: Group stage Matchday
- 21st October: Group stage Matchday
- 4th November: Group stage Matchday 4
- 25th November: Group stage Matchday
- 9th December: Group stage Matchday 6
- 13th December: Knockout round play-off draw to be conducted at 13:30 CET
- 17th February: Knockout round play-offs 1st legs
- 24th February: Knockout round play-offs 2nd legs
- 25th February: Round of 16 play-offs draw to be conducted at 13:00 CET
- 10th March: Round of 16 1st legs play-off
- 17th March: Round of 16 2nd legs play-off
- 18th March: Quarter-final and Semi-final draw to be conducted at 13:30 CET
- 7th April: Quarter-finals 1st legs play-offs
- 14th April: Quarter-finals 2nd legs play-offs
- 28th April: Semi-final’s 1st legs play-offs
- 5th May: Semi-final’s 2nd legs
- 18th May: Final
Note that UEFA’s dates are subject to change in consultation with the government, institutions, and club management.
Europa League Final
The final of 2021/2022 UEFA Europa League edition will be played at Estadio Ramon Sanchez-Pizjuan, Sevilla. Initially, the match was to be played at the Puskas Arena, Budapest. However, due to logistical issues caused by the Corona Virus that led to the relocation of the 2020 UEFA Champions League Finals, Estadio Ramon Sanchez was appointed as the ideal stadium.
Tune in to the LV BET Sportblog to find out more information about live sports, as well as the exciting online world of esports, and stay informed about the biggest sports events from around the world.
*Odds subject to change. Odds correct at time of publishing.